Daytime Emergency Care
Contact Lincoln Road Veterinary Clinic
OPEN: Monday - Friday 7:00AM - 6:00PM
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Call: (541) 476-7769
After-Hours Emergency Care
Contact Southern Oregon Veterinary Specialty Center
Emergency Veterinary Services in Grants Pass
If your pet is exhibiting any symptoms or behaviors that concern you, contact our office right away, or the after-hours emergency pet hospital location above.
The reliable and compassionate team at Lincoln Road Veterinary Clinic offers veterinary care for pets in most emergencies. Animals are our passion, we take pride in providing quality medical care when your pet needs it most.
Steps to Take In A Pet Emergency
If you think your pet is having a veterinary emergency, follow the steps below.
- Call Ahead If Possible - During regular business hours call us immediately. For after-hours care, call the emergency animal hospital listed above to let them know you are on the way.
- Follow Instructions Provided - When you call to let the emergency pet hospital know you are on your way, you may receive instructions to guide you through applying first aid or otherwise making your pet as comfortable as possible. Follow these instructions carefully.
- Remain Calm - Keep calm and be extra careful around your pet. When an animal is in pain they could lash out at anyone trying to help, potentially biting or scratching.
- Bring Your Pet In For Care - Don't put yourself at risk! Use caution and care to bring your pet to our Grants Pass veterinary clinic or the after-hours emergency vet location above.
Read through our most frequently asked questions below to learn more about bringing your cat or dog in for an emergency appointment at Lincoln Road Veterinary Clinic.
- Do I need to call ahead?
Lincoln Road Veterinary Clinic provides emergency and urgent veterinary care for cats and dogs during our regular clinic hours. It's always best to contact us in advance if you can, but we understand that in emergencies that's not always possible.
If we are unable to fit your pet into our schedule, we recommend that you visit the after-hours emergency vet location shown above.
- When is your clinic open?
Our veterinarians see emergency cases during our regular business hours:
- Monday: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Tuesday: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Wednesday: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Thursday: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Friday: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
- What situations require emergency veterinary care?
The following situations are some examples of cases that require emergency care:
- Severe or continuous bleeding
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Choking, difficulty breathing, or continuous coughing/gagging
- Fractured bones or severe lameness
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in the urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces, or pain associated with eliminating waste
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea (2+ bouts within 24 hours)
- Injuries to the eye(s)
- Ingestion of poisonous substances (e.g. antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Refusal to drink for over 24 hours
- How long will we have to wait to see the vet?
Our Grants Pass animal hospital is just like a human doctor's office—it can be unpredictable and you may have to wait.
As we cannot predict which cases we will see or when they will arrive, we ask that you call ahead if possible. We want to ensure that we can provide emergency care for your dog or cat.
If we cannot fit an emergency appointment into our vet's schedule, we recommend that you visit the 24/7 animal emergency hospital listed above.
- What happens if my pet needs to stay in the hospital?
Some veterinary emergencies require intensive overnight care. At Lincoln Road Veterinary Clinic we offer overnight care for animals in need.
While in our care, our dedicated team will treat your pet as if they were our own.
- What types of animals do you treat?
Our vets are able to provide care to dogs and cats in emergency situations.